IIS and Apache in one server

Hi,

I would like to ask if there would be issues if I were to install Wordpress (and Apache) on the same server as my outsystems application. I'm currently using Outsystems v.8. Would there be conflicts and/or performance issues resulting from this?

Thank you!

That depends on the load you expect :) We have Apache Tomcat installed on our servers as well as IIS etc., and it runs fine, but note that it is only used for 3rd party address validation software, and not for serving weg pages or the like.
Thanks Killian for the help!
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
That depends on the load you expect :) We have Apache Tomcat installed on our servers as well as IIS etc., and it runs fine, but note that it is only used for 3rd party address validation software, and not for serving weg pages or the like.
 What operating system are your running these on? 

I have a x64 windows server in my application server. In this server, the Outsystems app is installed here. We would like to know if it would be efficient to also install a XAMPP to host the wordpress application here.

Thanks!
Diane

This depends on many factors, hardware specs, the number of users etc What will be the server used for? QA, development and testing?

For production, It is highly recommended that you run outsystems platform on its own dedicated server.

yes it will run on production environment.

Thank you for your valuable input!
Hello Diana,

I've worked in a scenario just like that. An OutSystems production website with a blog software.

You need to be careful with the network port bindings. IIS and Apache cannot be bound on the same network ports (80 and 443).
Be sure the server is correctly sized for this extra load.

As long as you keep a safe distance between IIS and apache in terms of configurations, there should be no problems.