[Silk UI Framework] SilkUI Differences Between Dev/UAT and Production Sites

[Silk UI Framework] SilkUI Differences Between Dev/UAT and Production Sites

Forge Component
(45)
Published on 10 May by OutSystems Labs
45 votes
Published on 10 May by OutSystems Labs
Hi,

I'm running a 3 stage OutSystem environment; Dev, UAT [User Acceptance Test], and Production. My production site has two front end servers that are fronted ended by an F5 device. Our team is using platform version: 9.0.1.25 and Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106 m.

We have an application which uses Silk UI version 1.2.1. We've noticed some display disparities between our development/uat and product sites [that is, the problem only appears in production]:
  1. We have a text box that is slightly misaligned, but  only in our product environment. See attached document 'ScreenShot.jpg'. This only occurs when the page is fisrt rendered
  2. In trying to diagnose the misaligment, we also noticed that different SilkUI JavaScripts are on our page, depending on the tier. See attached document 'CSSandJSfileDifferences.xlsx'
Questions:
  1. Can you explain the misalighment?
  2. Is it a reasonable expectation that the SilkUI component is deployed verbatim between the three tiers? Why are we seeing differences?

Thank you,
Bob
Hello Bob,

Thank you for the feedback. There should not be differences between environments.

Can you validate that you are using the same version of Silk across all your environments? To validate, please verify the Silk UI version by access the following page on each environment:
           myserver/SilkUIFramework

Also, can you verify if you have done any changes to the Silk UI Framework eSpace module, or to any of its themes modules? If you have done changes, are you sure that they were properly propagated to the production environment?

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hi Samuel,
Thanks for the quick reply.

In answer to your questions…

Can you validate that you are using the same version of Silk across all your environments?
Yes, the versions are the same.
Development: Version 1.2.1
User Acceptance Test: Version 1.2.1
Production Front End 1: Version 1.2.1
Production Front End 2: Version 1.2.1
Production Access via F5: Version 1.2.1

Screen shots are attached.

Also, can you verify if you have done any changes to the Silk UI Framework eSpace module, or to any of its themes modules?
I’ll talk to the team and get back to you on this.

Thanks,
Bob
Hi Samuel,

Because I have a local installation, I used Beyond Compare to compare our UAT/Production deployments directly.

There are some .js files that are in Production, but not UAT [see attached]. More importantly, I am glad to report that the .js files in questions are on both tiers.

Thanks,
Bob
Hi Samuel ~ Today, I had a WebEx meeting w/Jamie Davis and Stacey Levine of OutSystems. We changed a SilkUI parameter and the application now behaves correctly in production. See attached image.

You can close this issue.

Thanks you,
Bob
Hello Bob,

Actually that change, although it worked, its not the best thing to do. 

That Site Property is actually just to store the value to compare and validate if a server is in development mode.
By changing de value to "Production", on a production server, will force the DeviceSimulation from Silk to be on, causing your browser to simulate devices whenever you resize the browser.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hi Samuel,

Oh, OK. I wasn't aware of that side effect?
Do you think it's best I continue to pursue the issue on this forum, or work directly w/Stacey?

Thanks,
Bob