How to translate a MS SQL transaction into an OutSystem query?

How to translate a MS SQL transaction into an OutSystem query?

I am porting into an OutSystem Enterprise eSpace a desktop application built on top of MS SQL database to which I have limited access. The main action executed by the application is to run a series of queries within a transaction. That could be easily done with a store procedure, but I don't have the necessary rights to do so. I need to execute the transaction from the application. Anyone out there has dealt with writing a transaction to an aggregate or a SQL in OutSystems? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Emmanuel
So, I have to assume you have create, update and delete rights for the data otherwise nothing will work.

Within an Action, using Advanced Queries (not Aggregates) and other logic, you should be able to create the exact same functionality that you would have created in those stored procedures.  Outsystems automatically handles the transaction functionality within the action so you shouldn't have to do anything for that.  If an exception is thrown either by the database or by your logic the transaction is automatically rolled back. 

Hope this helps,
Curt
To which I might add that it is only rolled back if the exception handler's "Abort Transaction" property is set to "Yes".
Thank you Curt and Kilian. I did the exact same thing you are suggesting. But, I got caught in defining "Parameter" and "Output result" for my SQL component which would sequentially execute a string of Update, Insert, and Delete queries. I am kind of lost at assigning parameter to a straight Insert, Update, or Delete SQL statement. Would you mind give me some guidance here, guys? Really appreciate your help. Thanks again.
Output Result is easy.  Create a structure with a single integer value.  This will return the number of rows affected by the Insert, Update and Delete.  For Parameters, this would be the same as if you were writing the SQL.  You may have to create local variables for each parameter.  Be sure the data types are what the SQL is expecting.  

Hope this helps,
Curt
Thanks, Curt. I understand the concept of "Output Result" now. But I still have a cloudy vision of the parameters to pass to an Insertm Update, or Delete statement. I'll get my head around it, and see if I can figure it out.