[Discovery] DB Oracle

[Discovery] DB Oracle

Forge Component
(35)
Published on 3 Aug by Francisco Menezes
35 votes
Published on 3 Aug by Francisco Menezes
Hi

i was installing Discovery on a .NET 9.1 platform with Oracle and i'm getting errors:

Action: Create New Action

Error in advanced query DeleteAllNodes in SnapShot_Create in SnapShot in DiscoveryProbe (DELETE FROM {OldReference};  DELETE FROM {Reference};  DELETE FROM {ElementNode};  DELETE FROM {ApplicationReference};  DELETE FROM {ModuleNode};  DELETE FROM {ApplicationNode};): ORA-00911: invalid character

How can i overcome this?

Thank you.
Joel
Solution

Hi,

We got the same error in our platform.
It is related to Oracle.

If you replace the content of the DeleteAllNodes advanced query (DiscoveryProbe, SnapShot_Create action) with the contents of the attachment it will work.
In Oracle multiple statements in an advanced query should be nested with an BEGIN ... END;
The COMMIT between the statements was needed in our case to avoid timeouts.

After publishing the DiscoveryProbe and the Discovery espace (after updating the references) you can start Discovery and create the snaphot.

Regards,
Rien 

Solution
It worked. Thanks.
still not fixed?

Hi,

I've just replicated this in a customer's Java / Oracle installation. Rien's suggestion worked like a charm, although we weren't required to include COMMIT statement. BEGIN and END sufficed. Can you please mark his reply above as a solution? And if possible add this fix to the next Discovery version?

Regards!

Pedro Gonçalves wrote:

Hi,

I've just replicated this in a customer's Java / Oracle installation. Rien's suggestion worked like a charm, although we weren't required to include COMMIT statement. BEGIN and END sufficed. Can you please mark his reply above as a solution? And if possible add this fix to the next Discovery version?

Regards!

Hi Pedro,
i applied the fix without the commits, but the modules showed up duplicated in the lists.
Adding the commits solved the problem.

Are you sure the commits are optional?

Update: even with the commits, the modules are duplicated.

I was able to fix the issue. I searched for all advanced queries that had multiple DELETE instructions and ensured that all add BEGIN (....) COMMIT;END;

I guess one change was missing, but no error was reported. It just duplicated data.
Hi everyone,

Please download the latest version of Discovery - 2.0.6
You need to refresh de dependencies of DiscoveryProbe, to properly upgrade to 9.1
Francisco Menezes wrote:
Hi everyone,

Please download the latest version of Discovery - 2.0.6
You need to refresh de dependencies of DiscoveryProbe, to properly upgrade to 9.1
 Tested in .NET+Oracle Stack with 9.1. No issues.

Thanks.