[Pivot Table] Read Only Results in Blank Table

[Pivot Table] Read Only Results in Blank Table

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 24 Jan by Goncalo Borrega
5 votes
Published on 24 Jan by Goncalo Borrega
When toggling the read-only variable, the resulting table reverts back to the default input Rows/Columns on the web block.  If you choose to leave those empty on initial load, then this toggle will result in a blank table.  If you move things around in the UI, then hit ready-only, this will show the behavior.  Not to combine two discussions on purpose, but is there a way to use an onrefresh variable to hold the changes and then use an assign prior to the ajax refresh?
That's a great idea... I'll give it a shot during the weekend ;)
Following up on the "OnRefresh" topic
Goncalo Borrega wrote:
That's a great idea... I'll give it a shot during the weekend ;)
Following up on the "OnRefresh" topic
Before you give it a shot consider this - I've been playing with this now for a few days in an attempt to make it more usable.  The base pivottable.js is cool, but doesn't really have the things built in that someone would need to use it right out of the box.  There is a wrapper:  http://www.nrecosite.com/pivot_table_aspnet.aspx that provides folks with the ability to export the results to CSV/Excel (huge feature) and do some additional filtering etc.  Seem to be incredibly functional compared to the base pivottable.js.  and looks like it would integrate with your existing variables with relative ease.  Take a peak and let me know what you think.   

I've used some of the pieces provided by that library... but unfortunately most of the cool stuff is:
1 - server side only; .net application that filters data on the server - not easily integrated as the javascript one
2 - paid

Some other weekend I'll look for the option to export the excel / csv... but that's already quite easy to do with the platform, given the source data is on the screen. I only see advantages in exporting the end pivot results, which only makes sense at most when you have a single dimension on the columns.