[Silk UI Framework] Full content is not getting displayed in mobile/tablet mode when using columns

[Silk UI Framework] Full content is not getting displayed in mobile/tablet mode when using columns

Forge Component
(45)
Published on 10 May by OutSystems Labs
45 votes
Published on 10 May by OutSystems Labs
Hi Everyone,

I am using Structure\Columns2 in silkuiframework. In first column I am displaying some title, and in the second column displaying some links. When changed the browser width to mobile then all links are not getting displayed. I am attaching my sample espace here. Kindly let me know if I am missing anything. Thanks in advance.
Hello,

We recently encountered issues with Silk. As updated versions of Silk are introduced, some controls are being replaced. The old versions of the controls are deprecated. You may have references to deprecated controls in your eSpaces. The solution for us was to remove all references to deprecated controls and replace them with references to the new versions of the control. A quick way to check would be to execute a search for the word _deprecated in your applications.
Hi Johnson,

I have updated the silk references, still having the same issue.
Hello,

We recently encountered issues with Silk. As updated versions of Silk are introduced, some controls are being replaced. The old versions of the controls are deprecated. You may have references to deprecated controls in your eSpaces. The solution for us was to remove all references to deprecated controls and replace them with references to the new versions of the control. A quick way to check would be to execute a search for the word _deprecated in your applications.

Sorry to hear that your issue remains. There was one other thing we did, but it is not the intended use of the setting. In Service Center under Administration > Environment Configuration, There is a Running Mode option. Ours was set to Development. We temporarily changed it to Production and Silk began functioning properly. When we returned the setting back to Development, Silk continued to function properly (go figure?).

While it worked, that is not actually the intended use of that setting. That setting actually turns off part of the responsive behavior of the application. It is used to add some extra logic when the values match. By changing it to Production, we actually made the values match.

Be sure to restore the original value after giving this a try! Hopefully this will get you closer to a solution.
Solution
Hello Salini,

The problem is because your Custom CSS, if you add "display:inline-block" to .menuLink Class it works.

I hope this is help you.

Best Regards,
José Rosário 

Salini p wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am using Structure\Columns2 in silkuiframework. In first column I am displaying some title, and in the second column displaying some links. When changed the browser width to mobile then all links are not getting displayed. I am attaching my sample espace here. Kindly let me know if I am missing anything. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Thanks Jose.
It solved my problem.

Jose Rosario
wrote:
Hello Salini,

The problem is because your Custom CSS, if you add "display:inline-block" to .menuLink Class it works.

I hope this is help you.

Best Regards,
José Rosário