Refreshing a container periodically every 30 seconds

Refreshing a container periodically every 30 seconds

I am using a container where I'm placing information received from a SOAP webservice in the header of my application.

I wish to display a date time that will get refreshed automatically without any user action every 30 seconds to give feedback to the user that the info is being obtained in real time.

I couldn't do this using timers (searched several threads here in the forums) and besides, using JS seems to be still quite complicated for me at this stage although it seems to be the only option.

If anyone could help me, I'd be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Hi Bruno,

There's no out-of-the-box solution, but if you search the Forge for "Refresh", you get a number of components, e.g. the Light Ajax Refresh that can do things like that.
Hi Kilian,

Thank you for the reply, I'd like to learn more about how to use certain components :) I find it sometimes difficult to integrate certain components in my applications due to complicated APIs.

However, for this particular problem, I managed to ask a senior colleague for guidance in what concerns the usage of JS and managed to get a working solution.

Thank you very much for the reply!