JavaScript Integration

JavaScript Integration

Is it possible for me to manipulate a widget on a form using JavaScript ?

For example, can I change the value of a Text Input Field using JavaScript ?

Also, Can I use JavaScript to trigger an action when a Button on a form is clicked ?
yes on both accounts.

for button you can add to extended properties the onlcik event.
or you can alter it via the jquery api ofcourse.

Is there any tutorial or detailed explanation with screen shots on this ? I am entirely new to this system and I am really trying very hard to see how it can meet our needs here. Some of the very basic things which should be easy to do are not in the video tutorials. This makes the learning curve very steep.

For instance, I can create javascript functions but I dont know how to link any function I have created to a click event.
Secondly, is there any tutorial on executing events related to widgets?
Henry Oforeh wrote:
Is there any tutorial or detailed explanation with screen shots on this ? I am entirely new to this system and I am really trying very hard to see how it can meet our needs here. Some of the very basic things which should be easy to do are not in the video tutorials. This makes the learning curve very steep.

For instance, I can create javascript functions but I dont know how to link any function I have created to a click event.
 Hey Henry - 

If you haven't had a chance yet, take a look at this Forge component.  Install it into your Service Studio and open it up:
https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/990/javascript-demo-how-to/