[VISJSTimeline] sample is not working in my environment

[VISJSTimeline] sample is not working in my environment

Forge Component
Published on 12 Oct (2 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
5 votes
Published on 12 Oct (2 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
I don´t know what happens. If I try to update of fix it nothing happens. The example always shows the timeline without the items or groups. Even when I remove and reinstall it. Is there something in my environment that is causing this problem ?
I will thank you any feedback.
Hi Luciano,

what's your Platform version? I've just tried installing in my personal environment (, using ServiceCenter, and the sample app worked without issue... 
Hi Jorge,
   my environment is the same ( I checked with a friend that installed too and it worked without problems. However, even reinstalling it in my environment, it does not work.
What browser are you using? As far as I know this component won't work on IE prior to 9.

You could ask your friend to try accessing the sample app you installed in your environment, if it works it is definitely something browser-related.
Another thing you might want to do, if the previous check wasn't helpful, is try debugging the Preparation on the HomePage of the Sample app, that's where groups and items are being created.
Actually I used Safari and Firefox. The problem is not the way the example works, but the absence of items. When I debug it I can see them being loaded but at the end they didn't appear.  You can check the problem seeing by yourself in this url http://mit.outsystemscloud.com/VISJSTimelineSample/

ok, your installation is not performing like mine.  The difference I see is in the date format... yours is using (for instace) '12-02-2016 00:00:00' whereas mine uses '2016-02-12 00:00:00'.

Did you change the date format on your environment?  If so, if I remember correctly, you will need to redeploy every module in your environment in order for those changes to propagate properly.
also... Javascript uses ISO date format which is YYYY-MM-DD, maybe this component isn't prepared to deal with different date formats?
You are right!  I changed the date format and it is working now.   Unfortunately in Brazil we use the date format used in my personal environment, so people would not like the result. 
  thanks so much for solve this problem.