Dynamic table design

Dynamic table design

Good day guys. i have an issue i would like to implement a table view like this 
For example The parent table header Ecumenics has 3 child sub headers TCUP ,CCGPA and GRADE.The values in thses 3 columns are dynamically computed in runtime based on some course weightings.Now my problem with the simple table record widget in service studio i cant achieve this particular design.Any help inform of a sample or tips on how to achieve this would be much appreciated.Thanks

Note: i am using platform server 8 for this web project..
hi guys would the out systems table record widget achieve this complex table  view and any tips would be welcomed
Hi Tom,

If I understood correctly, the number of columns are not dynamic, what is dynamic are the values in them?
Assuming that, I would say that you use table records to do it. The header itselve it's the hardest part and that you could probably build it manually using a table. The idea is lock the column widths!

Let me know your thoughts,

Cheers,
RG

Hi ruben.Thanks for the reply.The value are dynamic in the sense that the data used to populate the table would be automatically generated by importing it from a comples excell sheet .for the header, i didn't understand your explanation. are you saying that i can build it using tables widget in service studio by also applying a fixeed column-width .Thanks
I am still having issues. as you can see eaxh parent header like edu has 3 child sub header which have a column assigned to each with their own values.his ohow do i pull this off. do i have to nes multiple table within  each parent header. i am a little bit confused here .Another big issue is that this should be exportable to excel and has to appear in that customized format.secondly i have to create a facility to enable thexcel from of that document to be able to be uploaded into this complex table. please i need some help
Hi there!

To start with create a table with 10 columns:
  • TP Grade
  • TCUP
  • CGPA
  • GRADE
  • TCUP
  • GRADE
Once you are done, and the data is correct, you'll need to work on the layout of the headings. As for the Excel, I would suggest working on it after this is done.

Cheers!
The idea would be for you to create the header, with a table and the data would then be a tableRecord, as showed below:

Let me know if it helps?

Cheers,
RG
Thanks Ruben and Mario . i have found a way around the design. My problem lies with the data in addition to the the parent column edu , teaching subject, and tp grade , we have student name, regno  etc. now this record in the table should either be populated via an excel import or filled in an edit recored screen ,so when saved it fills the respective column with the grade scores. now my problem is there are similar grade types like CGPA, TCUP, GRADE. the scores should be unique for each parent header which means for example  under edu the tcup and cgpa and  grade should be diffrent from ecumenics which also have CGPA TCUP AND GRADE, Please how can handle the computation so that each parent course header has it won unique value. other data such a student name and regnumber are automatically imported from the candidate table using advanced query by implementing a joins. but the ab problem set i just explained is where iam totally stuck. i have attched an espace to give you a sample.The GraduateList Webscreen is where i want to implement this solution.Please any help will be greatly appreciated , i hope to learn a  lot from this process
Hey TOM, 

This is obviously getting complicated :) I will follow-up with a private message.

Cheers!