[Search and Autocomplete]  Don't want forge componant

[Search and Autocomplete]  Don't want forge componant

Forge Component
(15)
Published on 15 Feb by Leonardo Fernandes
15 votes
Published on 15 Feb by Leonardo Fernandes
Hello,
I dont want forge component because it's not a free to use.I want free one, otherwise tell me any alternate solution.
Hi Pradip. It is actually free for use. It is not open source, meaning that you cannot change or own, in any way, the code. But it hasn't stopped many users from using it, without spending anything.

The only part that is really not free is the RankedSearch, which is completely independent from the autocomplete. Even still, this limitation applies only on production environments.

I believe the closest alternative would be the InputAutocomplete that the platform already provides in RichWidgets. Or you might try to integrate some jQuery plugins to make your own autocomplete. Both these options will leave you limited on choosing the look and feel of the autocomplete.

For the RankedSearch, the best alternative would be to set up full text search indexes on your database, and use them on advanced queries. You would have to manage them outside the platform, and your application would get tied to a single DBMS.