Getting directions on a mobile phone

Getting directions on a mobile phone

Hi guys.

At the moment I'm able to plot directions from point A to B on a map. What I would like to do additionally is to enable the phone's mobile voice directions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Solution
Hi Jean,

That's really cool! If you could build then a sample app to add to the forge would be awesome!
Regarding what you're aiming to do, we've tried API.ai, to which we have already created the plugin to work with OutSystems Now.

Let me know if this helps you out,
RG

Solution
Thanks for the help. As soon as I'm done I will customize the component and publish it to the community.

I think you have miss understood me. I dont want voice recognition, but just want the phone to navigate the user from point A to B exactly like the google maps functionality. Any help here would be appreciated.
Ah, you can actually use google maps. 
To do that you only need navigate to the following link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=[destination address]&saddr=[Origin address]

This will open google maps setting the directions.
Let me know if this helps you out.

Cheers,
RG
Thanks. I get this right too with Google maps actions. I want to get it to navigate me with voice from point A to B. At the moment it shows the path, but there is no voice that directs you. The GPS location should also adjust as one gets closer to the destination.

Are you with me?
Now the user needs to trigger the get directions... and now you're in the realm of google maps, so I don't believe that you have much more control than that.

Sorry if I couldn't help.
Ruben

Thanks for your feedback here. What I want to achieve is to activate the google maps functionality on the phone so that the user is guided towards point B. As I said I can plot the directions on the map but I want that feature where the voice guides you as you drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JP
Hi Jean,

The voice directions are part o GoogleMaps, so it depends of it (as I said I don't think that you have much control on that).
My suggestion is for you to try to trigger GoogleMaps with directions as explained before, and see if the voice control is triggered.

Let me know how it goes.
Cheers,
RG