Theme outside End User module

Hi,

I've just finished the advanced developer bootcamp (but I'm pretty new on Outsystems) and I'm struggling to place the theme and End user pages in separated modules.

I've created a theme module that holds:
- CSS
- Logos
- All the common Screen Flows

On the End user module I've placed all the application pages, removed the common screen flows and use the the theme's common Users flows.
The Look and Feel are OK but the permissions, login and redirect have errors:
  - When clicking on log out it redirects to a theme page
  - After the login is made the login could not redirect to the default page on my aplication.

There is something explaining how the code should be organized?
What is the best pratice on this situations?

Thank you
Luis Sardinha
Hi Luis, 
Since you have finished the Advance Developer Bootcamp, I assume you are already aware o OutSystems Architecture Canvas - http://www.outsystems.com/learn/training/14/1711/708/designing-a-great-architecture/ - you can use this to guide you on your architecture decisions. 

Regarding the code itself, when you are creating a new application, I suggest you start by your "ThemeModule" (InfrastructureServices layer) - and then create the "DataModule" (CoreBusinessServices layer) - basically a black espace for your entities, and finally the "UIModule" (CompositeApplications layer) - with all the UI screens. You will see that this UI Module will inherit the theme from ThemeModule.

Let me know if that helps

Vera
Hi Vera,

I think I didn't explain well my problem.

The problem is not about architecture but purely tecnical.

Using your application as an example:
- The Common screen flows are defined on the Application1Th or in Application1UI?
- Where the login page is defined?
- How can we make the Login screen action to redirect to the default page in the Application1UI?
- How can we avoid showing the user another module name on the login page?
- Should I create a web block with the login on Application1Th and include it on a login page located on Application1UI.

As you have already noticed, I don't have experience on Outsystems but I think these tecnical issues could be addressed more deeply in the bootcamp.

Thank you
Luis Sardinha

Hi Luis, 
Answering your questions:
- The Common screen flows are defined on the Application1Theme - Yes
Where is the login page defined? - Application1Theme
- How can we make the Login screen action to redirect to the default page in the Application1UI? - You can use GetEntryURL(), from HttpRequestHandler extension.

I'm sending my example attached. Take a look and let me know if you have any question.

cheers,
Vera

Hi Vera,

That's what I needed! 

Thank you for your help.
Luis Sardinha