[Geo Inventory Locator] Server Error in '/CustomHandlers' Application

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 26 Apr by Bryan SanAndres
2 votes
Published on 26 Apr by Bryan SanAndres

When I launch the application, in a browser, the below error is showed:

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
What I have to do ?

grateful !

So, it's been a while since this question was posted, but I'll leave an answer here for future reference.

Besides having a bunch of missing dependencies, which I assume Luciano fixed in order to get to the point that error ocurred, the issue was that the Google Maps component required an API Key and was throwing an exception that wasn't caught in the application.

In order to solve this, I had to:
  1. Go to https://console.developers.google.com and create a new Browser API Key
  2. Still in https://console.developers.google.com, enable the Google Maps JavaScript API
  3. Paste the key in the BrowserAPIKey Site property of the Google_Maps eSpace