Change Required Field Message

Change Required Field Message

Hello All,

Can we change required field message to custmize message.
eg
I have two rows as following

Name.
Mob No.

I have declared both fields mandatory on button click I have set validation client&server when both text boxes blank currently it shows requiredfield for both.
I want custmize message for both like Please Enter Name and Please Enter Mobile No.
also I want to check valid mobile no. on client side is there any inbuilt function available or I need to write any javascript for it.

Hi Pradip,

You can change the default messages in the espace settings:

You can also change the validation message dinamically by invalidating the input and setting the ValidationMessage property.

Best regards,
Hi Pradip,
                If you want to change the validation massege you can assign the validation message(
Please Enter Name) to textboxname.validationmassege. for example if the name of textbox is textboxname, then on button click action check if textbox="" then  assign textboxname.validationmassege="Please Enter Name" and textboxname.valid=false, in this way u can easily change the validation message, 

If you will change the default message in espage setting it will reflect through out the espace.

Cheers
Rajendra

Rajendra koranga wrote:

Hi Pradip,
                If you want to change the validation massege you can assign the validation message(
Please Enter Name) to textboxname.validationmassege. for example if the name of textbox is textboxname, then on button click action check if textbox="" then  assign textboxname.validationmassege="Please Enter Name" and textboxname.valid=false, in this way u can easily change the validation message,

If you will change the default message in espage setting it will reflect through out the espace.

Cheers
Rajendra

can you provide me some details i.e a screen shot will be much helpfull