Missing Column Data After Bootstrapping from Excel File

Missing Column Data After Bootstrapping from Excel File

  
Hi everyone!

I'm new to Outsytems and having a little bit of trouble with what should be a simple boostrap! My application has three entities, "category" and "location" have an id and an associated text value which I want to use in combo boxes to search for particular  "events" (my third entity). My events entity has a foregin key for both the category and location id. However, when I bootstrap my event data from excel only the catergoy id foreign key is coming over, the entire column of location ids are zeroes. I was able to successfuly search for events based on category however none appear when I search based on location. The debugger tells me that the application is storing a selected location's id to the local variable used by the combo box. Creating an aggregate tells me that for all event instances, their location id foreign key is 0 which would cause my filter to not work properly.

Has anyone had any trouble with missing column data like this?

Thank you!
Hi Kevin,

It seems your excel is missing a column data because the Aggregate (that fetches events) that you're using as source of bootstrap has the locationid column with null values. The problem probably is the way you're storing this values on the Events entity. It will be hard to guess without more details. Can you share the oml?

Cheers,
Thank you André!

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the oml!

Also after publishing I found this...

Database Integrity Suggestion

Inconsistent database table and entity definitions: column 'OSUSR_r6t_Events.TESTVALUES' exists in database, but there is no corresponding attribute in entity 'Events'.

I'm not sure if that is helpful or not.
Kevin Miller wrote:
Database Integrity Suggestion

Inconsistent database table and entity definitions: column 'OSUSR_r6t_Events.TESTVALUES' exists in database, but there is no corresponding attribute in entity 'Events'.

 
 I suppose that's because when you've bootstraped the Events entity the platform automatically created the column TESTVALUES and you changed it to LocationId after published. So the entity was modified but the corresponding database table for some reason not. Try to recreate the Events entity (cut and paste) and publish and see if it solves the problem. 
 
Solution
I took a look at your OML and noticed that you are not converting the Column value to Identifier before Create the Event record. Maybe it is causing the problem.

Solution
Thanks for the feedback André!

I'm not sure how I convert it to an identifier. I also noticed in the Assign that there isn't any assignments for categoryId which is the working combo box.

Thank you again for your help!