Missing Templates

Create a new module within a new application, I get a list of templates, a couple of my own custom ones, and a couple generic ones. Then create a second module inside that same application, and all of my templates are gone, my choices are only 'responsive, blank, extension'. 

Why do I only get my template choices for the first module?

(Do not repond 'add the references and blah blah blah' - yes I know, and this defeats the purpose of having templates.) As a work around, lately I create a dummy application, create a module with the appropriate template, and move the module into the correct application where it should belong - a sad little work-around, which I really don't want to do anymore.
Hi Daniel,
sorry for the late reply...
The idea behind is, when you are in the scope of an application, it's supposed to have the same look&feel in all the modules that belong to that app. So the baseline is always the first UI Module - that will have the theme (CSS). All the other modules will inherit the theme from it. That way, if you want to make a change on your CSS, you won't need to replicate the CSS on every module.

Hi Vera - isn't that what the (missing) template is intended for?

My UI-Template is only available for the first module within an application, but contains all of the shared UI logic, css, references, and many other components which all UI modules will need. An application can have more than one UI module, but the platform seems to insist otherwise.
Also if you choose a 'blank template' for your first module (such as for a data-only module) - you'll never be able to get your standard list of templates back. This is definitely either bad design, or a bug.
Daniel, Have you noticed this on all of the versions of Outsystems? One of my team members was working on an app and they asked me a similar question that you posted. So we are waiting to see the solution. Luis
I've been working around this quirk with version 8 and 9 (since I started using outsystems). As I mentioned the work around is to make a temporary application, create your module with the appropriate template, publish it, then immediately move it to the application it should belong. Reading Vera's response, I don't think there is a solution.
Not the most fun work around.. But hey as long as it works, we will use it. Thanks Daniel.