Add an input parameter to a URL

I am trying out Outsystems for my company.  One of the features I really need is smooth integration with existing web services.

I never could get it to see my v2 swagger docs and import all of my service (poor marks for that).  So I have been trying to add services manually.  I added one that does not take any parameters and it seemed to go ok.

But I just added one like this: GetWidgetById.  It takes a parameter: WidgetId.

So I added an input parameter to the REST API method.

But now my parameter has this error on it:

>'WidgetId' is not used by 'GetWidgetById' REST API method.  Either use it in the 'GetWidgetById' URL path, change the 'WidgetId' Send In property or delete it.

I tried putting it in my URL:

(Param name in bold)

But it did not get rid of the error.  I am sure that I need to excape it somehow.  But after a good solid search of the docs and using google, I can't figure out how.  (In my mind, this should not be so hard to find, so it is a bit frustrating.  Really it should have been in the error text in my opinion.)

Anyway, any one know how I can reference my input paramter in my URL?
Figured this one out.  The add service has {query} in the text example.  I tried that out and it worked.

Should not be so hard to find though.
Hi Stephen,

First, not all REST services claiming they produce well-formed Swagger do so. It may very well be possible that the REST service you were trying to consume does not produced well-formed Swagger (I've seen many who don't). That said, I agree with you that the Service Studio Swagger consuming could be improved.

Secondly, this is what the URL input looks like (emphasis mine):

I don't think it's that hard to find out how parameters are supposed to be added, though perhaps Service Studio should offer some ways to resolve the error (it could add the parameter to the URL, for example). I also checked the documentation for consuming REST APIs, but unfortunately it doesn't mention input parameters (OutSystems, fix that please!).

Concluding, learning a platform will always set you back sometimes. OutSystems is a wonderful platform with many great features, and I sincerely hope a little frustration about setting up a REST service doesn't blind you for the gazillion advantages the platform has over others.