Error using 3rd party web service

Error using 3rd party web service

We have been using a web service from a vendor in .NET apps and it works fine. When we try to use the web service from outSystems we get a compilation error. See below.
Is there anything we can do to get this to work? We cannot change the web service itself.

Internal Error

Compilation Error.
WebReferences.GenericAddressCollectionService.cs(109,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
WebReferences.GenericAddressCollectionService.cs(171,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
WebReferences.GenericAddressCollectionService.cs(235,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
WebReferences.GenericAddressCollectionService.cs(292,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
WebReferences.GenericAddressCollectionService.cs(460,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
WebReferences.GenericAddressCollectionService.cs(730,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
WebReferences.ServiceRequestService.cs(301,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
WebReferences.ServiceRequestService.cs(1082,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
WebReferences.ServiceRequestService.cs(1362,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item
WebReferences.ServiceRequestService.cs(1983,13): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item

State: Second stage compilation
That seems to be a .NET problem. Can you see if there is any explicit implementation of a private interface?

I haven't had problems in OutSystems using webservices for a while, but I usually only call SAP webservices so I can't compare.

If the service works and you can't change it, what about using some middleware to translate the webservice you have to one you can use? It is not the best solution, and it isn't pretty, but will probably be the fastest way to solve it until the webservice can be fixed or OutSystems supports it better.
Hi Nuno

We don't have access to the source code for the web service. So i cannot tell what's causing the issue. Most likely it is what you suspect. At least that is what shows up as possible reasons when we google the error message.

If it's not going to be easy to consume the web service in outsystems we will most likely write the app in .NET where we know we can call the web service. Alternativley like you said we could write a web service wrapper in .NET and use that in outSystems.

Thank you.

Hi Fabian,

Not easy to throubleshoot this without the service. It it a public service that you can share the wsdl url?
Also, you should open a Support Ticket for it.

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi Joao

It's not a public web service. We opened a ticket and OS support asked us to send them the OML file that generates the compilation error. Apparently they can take a look even if the web serivce is not public...

Thank you.
Fabian