[Silk UI Web] Gallery not showing multiple columns

[Silk UI Web] Gallery not showing multiple columns

  
Forge Component
(70)
Published on 14 Jun by Labs
70 votes
Published on 14 Jun by Labs

Hi,


i opened the example from the Silk UI website and it shows all records in 1 column.

The settings for colums are: desktop 3, tablet 2 and mobile 1.


When i make my own oml with a listrecord as input for the gallery it does the same.

Anyone a suggestion of what could have gone wrong here?

Solution
Hello PSP,

If you are seeing everything in one column, you are probably seeing your application as a phone.

On a development environment, Silk UI detects the size of the browser, and simulates devices depending on the that size.
From your description, you may be experience a glich on that detection.

Can you please try to clean your browser cookies and then test again? 

Cheers,
Samuel Jesus
Solution
Hi Samuel,

Thanks! That solved the problem.

kind regards
steven

Hi Samuel,

I want to show two columns in my gallery in list widget?

Can you please show sample oml?

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Hello Suraj,

The behavior you are trying to achieve is exactly what the gallery offers.

You just have to place your list inside the "Content" placeholder, and then select the number of columns you want to display in Desktop, Tablet and Phone.

The Gallery will organize your information (in this case the "MyCard" container) accordingly.

In my case, since I selected 2 cards in tablet, the end result in Tablet will look something like this:

Hope it helped.

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus

Hi,

I'm also come across the same issue. in the desktop they are showing in a column, as per my requirement it has display in a row in desktop, and two images per row in tabs and phone. PFA. please help me on this issue.


Thanks,


Ekadeep.

Samuel Jesus wrote:

Hello Suraj,

The behavior you are trying to achieve is exactly what the gallery offers.

You just have to place your list inside the "Content" placeholder, and then select the number of columns you want to display in Desktop, Tablet and Phone.

The Gallery will organize your information (in this case the "MyCard" container) accordingly.

In my case, since I selected 2 cards in tablet, the end result in Tablet will look something like this:

Hope it helped.

Cheers,

Samuel Jesus


Hi Samuel Jesus,


Could you please help me on my issue.

Kuruma Ekadeep wrote:

Hi,

I'm also come across the same issue. in the desktop they are showing in a column, as per my requirement it has display in a row in desktop, and two images per row in tabs and phone. PFA. please help me on this issue.


Thanks,


Ekadeep.

Hi Kuruma,

You can't use the gallery in London theme. The London theme has not been updated since before the SilkUI was born. so better switch to the any of the silk theme(Dublin or Lisbon theme). it will work.


Regards,

PP


pankaj pant wrote:

Kuruma Ekadeep wrote:

Hi,

I'm also come across the same issue. in the desktop they are showing in a column, as per my requirement it has display in a row in desktop, and two images per row in tabs and phone. PFA. please help me on this issue.


Thanks,


Ekadeep.

Hi Kuruma,

You can't use the gallery in London theme. The London theme has not been updated since before the SilkUI was born. so better switch to the any of the silk theme(Dublin or Lisbon theme). it will work.


Regards,

PP


thank you gallery functionality is working but i am unable to place images in the table.may i know why it is happening like that. It is accepting only title not image.


Kuruma Ekadeep wrote:

pankaj pant wrote:

Kuruma Ekadeep wrote:

Hi,

I'm also come across the same issue. in the desktop they are showing in a column, as per my requirement it has display in a row in desktop, and two images per row in tabs and phone. PFA. please help me on this issue.


Thanks,


Ekadeep.

Hi Kuruma,

You can't use the gallery in London theme. The London theme has not been updated since before the SilkUI was born. so better switch to the any of the silk theme(Dublin or Lisbon theme). it will work.


Regards,

PP


thank you gallery functionality is working but i am unable to place images in the table.may i know why it is happening like that. It is accepting only title not image.


Try using this component it will help you to add images in grid

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1047/upload-image-and-display-in-grid/?Unfollow=False


Regards,

PP