Authentication & Authorization  Module in Outsystems Platform

Authentication & Authorization  Module in Outsystems Platform

I am trying to understand the technical architecture of authentication module in Outsystems.

1. Does the platform make use of the capabilities of Jboss to manage authentication and authorization
2. What are the other options for JAVA based application in Outsystems to enable SSO?
3.Is there an out of the box capability to use external authentication provider?

Cheers!
Leo
Leo -

1. No.
2. Write your own login to do SSO. My company has done integrations with ForgeRock and OpenAM.
3. Yes, LDAP/Active Directory.

J.Ja
Thanks for the response J.Ja

We have two applications that need to talk to eachother exchanging the user context seemlessly.
Application 1 Created in OutSystems - Deployed on JBOSS
Application 2 Created in IBM BPM runs on Websphere Application Server.

If I we do not consider using SSO but try to use authentication agains LDAP and exchange the tocken created by App server would it be achievable? (Example: WASAuthenticationTokenHandler)

Leo -

That's not how the LDAP authentication works. It does an authentication against LDAP and then creates/matches to a user internally and links them, then you can assign rights internally to that user.

We've done something similar with our ForgeRock and OpenAM integrations, but I am unable to share in-depth details due to client contracts/confidentiality, etc. :(

J.Ja
I understand the authentication part for Applications created in Outsystems.

I am stuck in how to authenticate rest calls from Outsystem to IBM BPM(wepshere application) where I do not want to by pass sending user credentials.
Leo Rajesh wrote:
I understand the authentication part for Applications created in Outsystems.

I am stuck in how to authenticate rest calls from Outsystem to IBM BPM(wepshere application) where I do not want to by pass sending user credentials.
 Would need to know a lot more about that integration to be able to help, sorry!

J.Ja