[Html2PdfConverter] Error while configuring HTLMToPdfConv: "Access to the path 'C:\Pro...es' is denied."

[Html2PdfConverter] Error while configuring HTLMToPdfConv: "Access to the path 'C:\Pro...es' is denied."

Forge Component
(51)
Published on 26 Sep (4 weeks ago) by Guilherme Pereira
51 votes
Published on 26 Sep (4 weeks ago) by Guilherme Pereira
Hello,

I'm getting the following error message while trying to configure HTMLToPdfConverter (Uploading conf files).
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\HtmlToPdfConverter\binaries' is denied.

There is anyone that hava experienced the same issue?

Thank you
Hi Ricardo,

Yes. Check if you are using impersonate on your htmltopdf.

If not may be some sort of server configuration gone wrong. In case of multiple front ends could be just one of them.

Hope this helps
Guilherme
Hi Guilherme,

Thanks for the wuick reply.
When you say "impersonate" do you mean "Run As:" option on ServiceCenter?

For the second option, how can I configure the eSpace to just run in one front end?

Thank you,
Hi,

Yes I meant the run as feature.

Why should you want to run in a single frontend? The only way to do it is with zones but the component is prepared for multiple frontends (just activate the farm modeconfig on the admin page).

if you have multiple and think one may be the problematic you can access the url directly in each one (using the ip) and check witch one fails.

Anyway your error indicades lack of permissions so my first guest would be the run as and only if not using it focus in server configuration frontend by frontend.

Cheers,
Guilherme
Solution
Hi,

Just to close the topic. this issue was solved.
And the reason for it was wrong configuration when installing the platform.

The user don't have the right privileges.

Regards,
Ricardo
Solution

Hello Ricardo, 

Facing exact the same issue, using the on-prem installation, on one of the servers I was able to upload the files, but the other servers are giving the error "OutSystems\Platform Server\running\HtmlToPdfConverter.0235023358\binaries' is denied.""

what did you do exactly and what was mis-configurtion? can you please let me know maybe it will solve our issue as well. 

thanks & kind regards,

Walid 

Walid Ahmad wrote:

Hello Ricardo, 

Facing exact the same issue, using the on-prem installation, on one of the servers I was able to upload the files, but the other servers are giving the error "OutSystems\Platform Server\running\HtmlToPdfConverter.0235023358\binaries' is denied.""

what did you do exactly and what was mis-configurtion? can you please let me know maybe it will solve our issue as well. 

thanks & kind regards,

Walid 

Walid Hi,

What you need to do is to procure that the folder it will be writing the binary files to is accessable  for the windows user that is running the IIS application, if I'm not mistaken is the network service user, but an easy way of doing thit is to go to the directory on the IIS web server with a user that has administrator rights. 

1. right click on the directory/ folder "C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\HtmlToPdfConverter\binaries.XXXXXXX" ( the XXXXXX stands for digits that is part of the name of the directory).  

2. Go to securty ->  press add , 

3. There type in everyone , press check name, it will be higlighted, 

4. below give the everyone user Read, Write Access ( if it still does not work, give the user full control temporarily, until you finish).

5. Then go back to the administration page and upload the files.

6. Mind you if you are using the .NET stack, the installation instuction is not up to date anymore, you should load the 3 files that are in the  bin directory,  the pdfGenerator , the Image  and below where there is a table you need to load the WOX.dll only.  

Then you are good to go.

Regards,

Alexei

Hi Walid,

The suggestion from Alexei is mostly right but if you consider going that path bear in mind that with each new deployment the XXXX part of the folder is going to change so you need to repeat the steps every time.

If you are facing a lack of permission I’d recommend you to try and use the new feature that allows you to use a known folder to deploy the binaries to a,specific folder and on that folder create the necessary oermissions because that won’t change with new deployments.

Regarding the installation instructions they are still updated and correct and are for the recommended MinGW version. If you go with the MSVC alternative then you just nit to upload the wox dll but you’d need to install MSVC on the machine which is not necessary on the recommended version.

Let us know if you were able to solve the issue

Cheers,

Guilherme

Guilherme Pereira wrote:

Hi Walid,

The suggestion from Alexei is mostly right but if you consider going that path bear in mind that with each new deployment the XXXX part of the folder is going to change so you need to repeat the steps every time.

If you are facing a lack of permission I’d recommend you to try and use the new feature that allows you to use a known folder to deploy the binaries to a,specific folder and on that folder create the necessary oermissions because that won’t change with new deployments.

Regarding the installation instructions they are still updated and correct and are for the recommended MinGW version. If you go with the MSVC alternative then you just nit to upload the wox dll but you’d need to install MSVC on the machine which is not necessary on the recommended version.

Let us know if you were able to solve the issue

Cheers,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme,

by providing a directory for the binary, you still need to give permission to that folder on all the other servers, so the steps you repeat  for the XXXX will need to be done for the directory that you will be creating on each server?

or is it so that when you provide a directory it will create it automatically for you ?  What you are stating that the XXXX might change with each deployment will only be the case if you delete the espace completely from the environment and uppload it again, if I'm not mistaken.

Tomorrow I need to deploy a version to Test, so if I use the MinGW I do not need to install it I will give it a folder where the files will be placed like describe above?  and the way it will be working will be the same in Outsystems?

So I call the GeneratePDF etc like the example?

Obrigado,

Alexei

Hi Alexei,

by providing a directory for the binary, you still need to give permission to that folder on all the other servers, so the steps you repeat  for the XXXX will need to be done for the directory that you will be creating on each server?

or is it so that when you provide a directory it will create it automatically for you ?  

You need to create the folder yourself in each frontend and grant it the proper permissions an all of them.

What you are stating that the XXXX might change with each deployment will only be the case if you delete the espace completely from the environment and uppload it again, if I'm not mistaken.

Not just when the espace is deleted. If there’s a compilation and a new deployment the XXXX will change.

Tomorrow I need to deploy a version to Test, so if I use the MinGW I do not need to install it I will give it a folder where the files will be placed like describe above?  and the way it will be working will be the same in Outsystems?

You need to upload the binaries via the admin page as there are database records that need to be created.

Cheers,

Guilherme