Expose REST - a better way to handle dynamic fields?

Expose REST - a better way to handle dynamic fields?

Outsystems web app provides public REST web service, internally the web service consumes a external web service that process the actual request and provides a response, this external web service uses dynamic fields.

Example
{
"somefield":"somevalue",
"anotherfield":"anothervalue",
"yetanotherfield":"yetanothervalue"
}

Most elements are unknown. (some elements are known and first parsed before sending the data off to the external web service).

Consumer web app --send JSON request----> Outsystems REST web service ----sends JSON request---> external web service.

How do you get outsystems Expose REST to handle dynamic fields efficently? 

One solution I found to work (but not very efficent solution) is to create a MetaData structure record list with a structure record containing two attribute field "Name" and "Value". Expose this as a REST web service, then read from the reqest and convert the MetaData list to a dynamic JSON content send that to the external web service to process the request. This works but it is a not an efficent solution! Is there a better way to handle this?

Hi Robert,

As far as I know, for your use case, I think that that is a fairly valid solution.

In fact, I would say that you should develop a service that have a "contract" to avoid these kind of things.
What am I saying here?

In my point of view, you should have several REST enpoinds, one for each purpose and in your "intermediate" layer, have a key that indentifies which service is to call and a Text parameter with the valid JSON to pass to that service (that have a structure compliant to the referred Text JSON). This way, you avoid parsing the "Name" "Value" pairs to build a JSON request for the final REST Service but will have to build more than 1 REST method.

But hey, this is just my point of view.

Cheers