Develop with Native Code in Outsystems

Develop with Native Code in Outsystems

This is all a imaginary cenario:
Imagine that I have a page which will access the microphone of the client. My objective is to do login in a web platform by doing voice identification. Voice identification is complex and can be done with C/C++ in a more efficient way. Is it possible to do signal processing in Outsystems by using native code? How?

For this problem I see 2 main issues: 1) Streaming to server with the platform 2)Signal Processing
I'm certain this scenario would be as feasible with OutSystems as with any other web development platform, but it certainly doesn't play to the platform's strengths, since pretty much all the code would be outside the platform.

You would probably have to implement some kind of applet / browser extension to do your streaming and its server-side counterpart, which would be coded in whatever language was easiest, to do signal processing. Then you would invoke the applet / browser extension in your OutSystems login page using JavaScript and wait for its output, also throught a JavaScript callback.

Cheers!
João Pedro Abreu wrote:
I'm certain this scenario would be as feasible with OutSystems as with any other web development platform, but it certainly doesn't play to the platform's strengths, since pretty much all the code would be outside the platform.

You would probably have to implement some kind of applet / browser extension to do your streaming and its server-side counterpart, which would be coded in whatever language was easiest, to do signal processing. Then you would invoke the applet / browser extension in your OutSystems login page using JavaScript and wait for its output, also throught a JavaScript callback.

Cheers!
  I know for experiencie, that this functionality could easily done with Nodejs. This is because, Nodejs is based on V8 which is in C/C++. One big upgrade to Ousystems could be the integration with Nodejs. Or there is any way to put Nodejs and Outsystems work together?

João Cardoso wrote:
João Pedro Abreu wrote:

Cheers!
  I know for experiencie, that this functionality could easily done with Nodejs. This is because, Nodejs is based on V8 which is in C/C++. One big upgrade to Ousystems could be the integration with Nodejs. Or there is any way to put Nodejs and Outsystems work together?

There's no reason you can't call Node.js via a REST call, HTTP call, etc.

J.Ja