Show / hide button , Save and update

Show / hide button , Save and update

Hi, i just to know how to show update button and show confirmation dialog box during editing data on gridview..
THanks
Hi Tams,

You can go to controls and drag "Button" control to your gridview and give confirmation message as following.

Hope this helps.

-- Suraj B
Suraj Borade wrote:
Hi Tams,

You can go to controls and drag "Button" control to your gridview and give confirmation message as following.

Hope this helps.

-- Suraj B
 Hi Suraj

Here's the scenario, i have a display gridview then the id # that display has a link to another form which is edit form and it is the same on the create form, so the button i used to save and update is the same. i would like to hide the save button and show another button if my action is update on the edit form. 

Solution
Hi Tams,

That clears up the question.
You can use just one button with an if-structure in the label of the button.
for instance: If(#ID <> 0, "Update", "Save")

Inside the save action use the CreateOrUpdate action to save your data.

Kind regards,

Remco
Solution
Hi Tams,

If I understand correctly, you have one display gridview which is Create form.

On that Gridview, you have one link from where you are redirecting to another form which is same as Create from.

When you redirect to another form, you want to display Update button instead of Save. Is this correct?

What is the data type of id#?

Do you want to perform two different actions on these buttons or just Label change?
Please provide this info.

Thanks,
Suraj Borade
Suraj Borade wrote:
Hi Tams,

If I understand correctly, you have one display gridview which is Create form.

On that Gridview, you have one link from where you are redirecting to another form which is same as Create from.

When you redirect to another form, you want to display Update button instead of Save. Is this correct?

What is the data type of id#?

Do you want to perform two different actions on these buttons or just Label change?
Please provide this info.

Thanks,
Suraj Borade
 HI Suraj,

Just a label since i used create&update screenaction. and also a message prompt validation on it. 

Thanks,
Tams

Then solution suggested by Remco will work perfectly.
Thanks Sir Suraj and Sir Remco .. Cheers