[ardoJSON] URL as JSON Source

[ardoJSON] URL as JSON Source

Forge Component
(20)
Published on 30 Aug (4 weeks ago) by Ricardo Silva
20 votes
Published on 30 Aug (4 weeks ago) by Ricardo Silva
A client has given me several URLs that produce JSON when viewed in a browser.  I'm trying to use ardoJSON to convert that into an Outsystems record list.  I can't just stuff the text from the browser into the input parameter because of all the quotes it contains.  Anyone know an easy way to accomplish this?

What I usually do in these situations is adding a text file as a resource and using that as input to ardoJSON (BinaryToText helps).
Thanks for the suggestion.  Since the data is still changing I was hoping for something more real time and I figured out a way!  Using your other great component, ardoHTTP, I did a simple HTTPGET on the URL I was given and passed the response from that into ardoJSON.  Worked perfectly!!

Thanks for producing these great components!
Solution
You can also use the OutSystems Platform REST functionality to process JSON coming from the web.

Since you were not using this, I assumed getting the JSON from the web synchronously wasn't an option.
Solution
I just reworked my code to use REST - awesome!!  No need for either ardoJSON or ardoHTTP components!!

Thanks for the suggestion!