ComboBox error after upgrade to 9.0.1.65

ComboBox error after upgrade to 9.0.1.65

i have the below error after upgrade to 9.0.1.65 for my combobox for integer type columns.
Why integer can not be the datatype for comboBox?
Now i have to change all my tables to change integer to text so that comboBox can work?

Error:
Invalid Data Type
'Text, Phone Number, Email or Entity Reference (Text)' data type required instead of 'Integer'.

I guess it may be due to the below fix for (#378105). 
Fixed in 9.0.1.65
  • Fixed TrueChange validation between ComboBox's Source Identifier and Variable types (#378105)

Hi Linguo,

Can you share a minimal eSpace that shows this problem? I've tested in 9.1, and I can't reproduce this problem.
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Hi Linguo,

Can you share a minimal eSpace that shows this problem? I've tested in 9.1, and I can't reproduce this problem.
 when change the variable to integer, the error will come.

Hi Kilian Sir,

I am also facing similar problem.

Earlier I have created Combo Box for search filter. Variable associated with Combo Box was Session variable and having data type as Identifier.

Now I have made some changes in application and it's giving me error in this another Web block for Combo Box and I am not able to publish.

I am using version 9.0.1.60.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Borade
test.oap works in version 9.1.400.0
Ok, so this might be a 9.0 problem. In that case there's little we can do :).
Hi Sir,

I confirmed with CSP team that this is a problem with platform and we had to rollback from version 9.0.1.65 to version 9.0.1.60. :)
Suraj Borade wrote:
Hi Sir,

I confirmed with CSP team that this is a problem with platform and we had to rollback from version 9.0.1.65 to version 9.0.1.60. :)
 Hi Suraj,

Thanks for the info. Rollback means to install version 9.0.1.60 back? Any process to take note?

Hi Linguo,

Yes you need to reinstall version 9.0.1.60. There is no any other process.

-- Suraj B
Solution

Hello all,

As Linguo noted, this TrueChange error was introduced due to a fix that was made on the OutSystems Platform.

This is an intended fix which aims to prevent runtime problems caused by a missing verification done by the OutSystems' Platform type system (TrueChange). There is no problem with 9.0.1.65+, there is a problem with all previous releases which was fixed.

You can find more about it in this Knowledge Base entry.

Best regards,

Ricardo Silva

Solution