Displaying an application and modules

Displaying an application and modules

Update:

The soltuion to this problem was quite simple. I used an aggregate to fetch a join on the tables Espace, Role, User_Effective_Role. I filtered the results by Espace_id and Session.UserId.

Hello OutSystems community!

I am working on a dashboard application which displays OutSystems application, espaces and modules for the current logged in user. The purpose of this application is to create a single sign-on portal where the user can see all the application he/she has a role assigned to.

I have gotten as far as to display the application name and espace, but I am running into the problem of fetching multiple modules within a given application. 

For example Application1 has a default home module1 and a module2. If I expose Application1 I get to see module1. However I do not get to see module2.

How do I manage to fetch and expose these modules that are not set as default?

I am using the following System tables: Application, Espace, Module, Role, User

Hi Ricardo,

A Module is either an eSpace or an Extension.
An Application is mapped to all the modules via the system table App_Definition_Module

The Entry_Espace_Id and BackOffice_Espace_Id are only used to define the default entrypoint (which you probably used to map the Application to the Espace.

The full structure is as following: 
Application > App_Definition_Module > Module > Espace / Extension.
The Module_Kind_Id is a reference from a non-shared static entity, but you will be able to see the difference between the Espace and the Extension based on the Identifiers.

Kind regards,

Remco
Hi Remco,

"The Entry_Espace_Id and BackOffice_Espace_Id are only used to define the default entrypoint (which you probably used to map the Application to the Espace."

This is exactly what I did and it indeed specified the the entrypoint of my application.

I will have a further look into the App_Definition_Module table.

Thank you for replying.

Kind regards,

Ricardo