fill combo box with values from REST

fill combo box with values from REST

Hi,

I have the following situation:
I have consumed a REST web service.
This loads the structures and seems to be working.
I now need to create a combo box with the keys and values returned from the web service.
Simply selecting the getDataResponse.Nationalities (from the WS) as the Source record list does not work. When I try to publish I get the following error:
Upgrade Error

Generic SQL Error. Incorrect syntax near 'BEGIN'. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Incorrect syntax near 'BEGIN'.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

If I try in the preperation to assign a list with the output and then load this list in the combo box. Publishing gives me the following error:

Internal Error

The process cannot access the file 'd:\OutSystems\Platform Server\share\SCF_Direct_NL\full\DeleteStaticEntityRecords.sql' because it is being used by another process.
What am I doing wrong?

Hi Edwin,

Would like to give it a try myself. Is it a public api if so what is the address?

I am new to OS so just want to play, can not promise anything.

Thanks
Hi Edwin,

You should never get errors like this. Do you have a support contract? If so, please report this to OS.
Hi Edwin,

I vaguely remember runing into this a while back.  I believe the issue is the combobox not liking the structure you use to hold the list nationalities.  You can try two things:
1. Make sure the variable is a List of Records of your Structure (instead of simple List of Structure type).
2. Create a separate simple Text record list to hold your nationalites that the combo box binds to, and append the data from your Rest call to that variable.

Cheers!
Marco
Solution
Thanks for the tip Marco. You were right. I solved it with the following procedure:
In the preparation I assigned variable with the NationalityItem.List data type (taken form the response structure) a value of the GetData.Response.Nationalities (so the response list of that particular attribute).
As for the combo box:
Variable = a local variable with data type of nationalities.Identifier.
Source Record list: GetData.Response.Nationalities
Source attribute: Value
Source Identifier Key
Solution