indirect addressing containers and tags

indirect addressing containers and tags

So this may be a new one.  I want to see if there is a way to do indirect addressing for tags and containers.  What I want to do is have an action that I pass it a container id and a boolean tag into the action.  The boolean tag is on the same page as the action and the container is on the same page as the action.  What I want to do is if there was a tag passed in, I want to set that tag to 0 and then ajax refresh the container.  This is an attempt to not have a bunch of if statements in the action based on where on the page this action is called (ie from which container).  Is this possible?
Solution
I think you're probably have that Action calling some jquery to set the tags, and maybe to do a click... say:

"$('#" + ContainerId + " a[refreshcontainer=" + ContainerId + "]').click();"

And have a hidden link with extended property "refreshcontainer" equal to the container ID for easy lookup... and that link call an action that does the Ajax Refresh.

J.Ja
Solution
So got this working.  The easiest way I found was to pass the id of the widget I wanted to click as a text field into my action then just doing the widget.click action in it using that text input field in the widget.click.  Seems to work nicely.