Testing with continuous integration

Testing with continuous integration

Hello Guys,

I want to have a system that when i make a deploy runs a set of defined tests and if only those tests run and are successful, it exports that to JIRA.
I don't want only interface tests, like Selenium, i know that i can use Test Automator for that Purpose.
Is it possible to have a system like that?

I have tested several things from the Forge like:
 - Unit testing Framework
 - BDDFramework

Thanks for helping :)
Hi Nelson,

You can create a timer that fires on publish, and then do the checks. The main problem would be that the entire deploy must be finished before you do the checks. You could have the timer check for the deploy to be finished (do I'm not sure how), and if it isn't, restart itself after a few minutes?
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Hi Nelson,

You can create a timer that fires on publish, and then do the checks. The main problem would be that the entire deploy must be finished before you do the checks. You could have the timer check for the deploy to be finished (do I'm not sure how), and if it isn't, restart itself after a few minutes?

Are you saying that i can use a timer, that after publish run the tests, present in a Unit testing Framework sample, right?

I have right now a test written with the use of Unit Testing Framework. But that is written and hosted in a different eSpace than my solution. Is possible to call that test from a timer inside my solution?

Thanks
Hi Nelson,
Dont think there is something alreday available for such scenerio but we have JIRA connector available in forge so you can collect ur unit test result and may be use JIRA connector to push them in JIRA.

Regards
-PJ-
Pramod Jain wrote:
Hi Nelson,
Dont think there is something alreday available for such scenerio but we have JIRA connector available in forge so you can collect ur unit test result and may be use JIRA connector to push them in JIRA.

Regards
-PJ-

Thanks, i already took a look to JIRA connector, but i really need is a way to automatically run the tests after the deploy using a framework that already exists.
Hi Nelson,

You can run a timer once after publishing an eSpace, it's part of the timer's Schedule property:

As it's a timer, you can do whatever you need to do there. The main problem is that the timer will start as soon as your eSpace is published, but I'm not sure what happens when you are publishing an entire solution (either via Service Center or via LifeTime) in terms of when the timer will run. I would assume it runs after the entire solution has been published, but you'd need to test that.