Windows barcode scanner / camera focus

Windows barcode scanner / camera focus

I have a case where I need to scan a barcode. On Android and iOS this is no problem. But Windows phone barcode scanner in OutSystems Now is not supported. Is there any way to get this supported?

If not: I made sort of a workaround with a picture being taken with the OutSystems now camera app and the base64 code being decoded to an barcode number. This works, but the camera is not focussing. It seems to be always focused to infiniti.

So the two questions:
Is their any other way to support barcode scanning on Windows Phone?
How to get the camera focused on Windows Phone?
I'm surprised OutSystems Now is supported at all on Windows Phone, I didn't know that. Given that P10 has only support for Android and iPhone, I wouldn't expect too much support for this...
Hmm, that is interesting. Do you got a source for that statement? Is it in here? https://www.outsystems.com/nextstep/2016/platform-10-demo/
Hi Tim,

When they presented P10 for the Partners (And I think this was also a question in one of the smaller presentations of this year’s NextStep) OutSystems announced that they will start only supporting iOS and Android. The plan is to also support Windows in the future but they will/can not name any date for this support. 

Tim van den Biggelaar wrote:

I have a case where I need to scan a barcode. On Android and iOS this is no problem. But Windows phone barcode scanner in OutSystems Now is not supported. Is there any way to get this supported?

If not: I made sort of a workaround with a picture being taken with the OutSystems now camera app and the base64 code being decoded to an barcode number. This works, but the camera is not focussing. It seems to be always focused to infiniti.

So the two questions:
Is their any other way to support barcode scanning on Windows Phone?
How to get the camera focused on Windows Phone?

Hi Tim,

Currently, the barcode scanner plugin you have in OutSystems Now is not supported for Windows operating system as you can see here (http://labs.outsystems.net/OutSystemsNowDocs/OutSystemsNowFeatures.aspx)