How to extend session timeout for just one OutSystems application

How to extend session timeout for just one OutSystems application

Hi OutSystems Developers,

Is there a way to extend Session Timeout value from default 20 minutes to 60 minutes for just one OutSystems application?  In the Dot Net, I can extend the session timeout through the following setting in the Web.Config file:

<system.web>
   <sessionState timeout="120" />
</system.web>

Thank you for your help,
David Lo

HI David,
You can do the same setting for OS applications also ,but here you cannot edit web.config directly. To edit you web.config you have to use FactoryConfiguration espace and define your tag there.You can get this componenet fron forge.One you define this tag you need to associate it with an espace and publish your application th enew tag will be added in your web.config.There are some articles in forum to help you with this.

http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/25/factory-configuration/

Regards
-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to use the FactoryConfiguration to modify the OutSystems application's web.config file. I have managed to insert "timeout=90" in the following sessionState section of the web.config file :

<sessionState timeout="90" cookieless="false" regenerateExpiredSessionId="true" mode="Custom" customProvider="OutSystemSessionProvider">

When I tested the application, the application session variables were still timing out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
I have attached the session timeout modification xslt transformation style sheet.

Thanks,
David Lo

Solution
Hi David,

If you don't want to change the web.config (direct or via FactoryConfiguration) you can also use the BrowserSession extension. It has a SetSessionTimeOut action that lets you set the SessionTimeout in the OnSessionStart of your application and will change the session timeout only for that specific application.

I´ve just uploaded it to the forge: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Overview.aspx?ProjectId=1365

Kind regards, Remco
Solution
HI David,

Please try what Remco suggested if it works for you. Also did you checked your web,config after setting the tag in factory configuration as you need to republish your application to get the changes in place.

Regards
-PJ-

Hi Remco,

Thank you for the forge BroswerSession component. It works beautifully for my application needs.

Hi Pramod,
Thank you for your suggestion. 

David

Remco... Thanx for the nice component..atleast for session timeout we dont need to use factory configuration now. Regards -PJ-