Create dynamic entity

Is it possible to create Static or normal entity dynamically.
Details:
1) Create entity using uploaded Excel File at runtime
Details:
User uploads an excel file, now outsystem should be able create entity using that excel. 
-Currently we can only create entities using excel is 'Import Entities from Excel', but we want to implement the same dynamically using upload button on UI.

2) Create STATIC entity using uploaded Excel File at runtime
Details:
User uploads an excel file, we want outsystem to create STATIC entity using that excel

please give your suggestions on this.

Thanks!
Hi Hemlata,

That's not possible. For one, creating static entities at run-time doesn't make sense. The whole idea of static entities is that they ease development. There's nothing to gain at execution time.

Secondly, what would be the use of a dynamically created (non-static) entity? Entities are used to store and retrieve data by your program. If they are dynamic, how's your program to know that they exist, what they contain and what to do with them?

I really doubt you have a good use-case for this...
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Hi Hemlata,

That's not possible. For one, creating static entities at run-time doesn't make sense. The whole idea of static entities is that they ease development. There's nothing to gain at execution time.

Secondly, what would be the use of a dynamically created (non-static) entity? Entities are used to store and retrieve data by your program. If they are dynamic, how's your program to know that they exist, what they contain and what to do with them?

I really doubt you have a good use-case for this...
Thank you Kilian Hekhuis.
Does it mean, it'is not possible to create an entity with attributes using excel upload via Action button in Outsystem?

My user case:
I want to generate multiple entities, each consisting of more than 350 attributes.
The source would be MS Excel file comrpising more than 350 columns.

Hi Hemlata,

So first you want to create an entity from an excel and after that want to use this? correct?
Hi Hemlata,

First, entities with that many attributes are bad design. You better rethink the data model. Secondly, at design time (in Service Studio) you can use the Excel upload feature to create entities, but not at run time.
Suraj Borade wrote:
Hi Hemlata,

So first you want to create an entity from an excel and after that want to use this? correct?
 Yes. But the entity and attributes are not defined, can be defined by selected excel.
Hence need runtime entity creation.
Please suggest.

Hemlata,

You can't do this. OutSystems Platform does not support "dynamic entity creation". Question answered? Now, really rethink why you would need that. I bet you don't (and rethink that deplorable "350 attributes in a single entity" think while you're at it).

Hemlata, can you explain your use case in some detail so that we can advise the best way to address it?