DropDown Menu

Hello Experts,
I need some suggestion on handling an issues. I have an entity called Rider with an Integer attribute called PayPeriod and another Date attribute called DateToRide. So this PayPeriod for Rider gets populated from the Static entity called Pay_Period with Attributes PayPrd, PayStartDate and PayEndDate and Records from Pay1 to Pay26.

So what happens is once Date to Ride is entered for a Rider the PayPeriod from static entity Pay_Period is calculated like, in Action for creating a new Rider
NewRider.DateToRide >= Pay_Period.PayStartDate and NewRider.DateToRide <= Pay_Period.PayEndDate
And it is assigned like

It looks in the table like this

Now there is a requirement also to add a drop down menu in the page where the user should be able to change the payperiod 1 t0 26 for a Rider. So I am trying to add a drop down but the issue is I am not having the foreignkey Pay_Period Identifier in my Rider entity so

Not sure what is the Variable I will be giving here. I tried creating the local variable of Pay_Period Identifier type and liked to the Dropdown variable but it doesnot work that way.Can anyone spot light on how to approach this.
Hi V,

If I read your question correctly, you have an integer called PayPeriod in your Rider entity. I think that you should use this one as your variable.

Kind regards,

Remco
Remco Dekkinga wrote:
Are you saying that I should be using the Intiger attribute PayPeriod in the Variable of the DropDown. Even I tried that it says

I did try using
Hi V,

If I read your question correctly, you have an integer called PayPeriod in your Rider entity. I think that you should use this one as your variable.

Kind regards,

Remco

v wrote:
Remco Dekkinga wrote:
Are you saying that I should be using the Intiger attribute PayPeriod in the Variable of the DropDown. Even I tried that it says

I did try using
Hi V,

Kind regards,

Remco

Hi V,

There is a small issue with the solution you choose. You have an autonumber Private Key (Identifier) on the Pay_Period, but you are not using this value in your Rider entity.

There are a couple of ways to work around:
1. If you don't use it, remove the Private Key from your static entity and then change the Source Identifier Attribute to the same value as your Source Attribute on the dropdown.
2. Change the Rider table and replace the fields that you copy from the Pay_Period static entity with only the Private Key from the Pay_Period static and add it as a foreign key to the Rider entity. Then you can rewrite the queries using the Rider table and add a join to the Pay_Period static entity to get the fields you need.
 3. Create a Structure with two fields (identifier, value keypair) and fill both fields this structure in the preparation via a query with the Pay_Period.PayPrd. This way you create a new temporary table with the identifier you are looking for.

Hope this explanation is clear enough.

Kind regards,

Remco

Remco Dekkinga wrote:
v wrote:
Remco Dekkinga wrote:

I did try using
Hi V,

Kind regards,

Remco

Hi V,

There is a small issue with the solution you choose. You have an autonumber Private Key (Identifier) on the Pay_Period, but you are not using this value in your Rider entity.

There are a couple of ways to work around:
1. If you don't use it, remove the Private Key from your static entity and then change the Source Identifier Attribute to the same value as your Source Attribute on the dropdown.
2. Change the Rider table and replace the fields that you copy from the Pay_Period static entity with only the Private Key from the Pay_Period static and add it as a foreign key to the Rider entity. Then you can rewrite the queries using the Rider table and add a join to the Pay_Period static entity to get the fields you need.
 3. Create a Structure with two fields (identifier, value keypair) and fill both fields this structure in the preparation via a query with the Pay_Period.PayPrd. This way you create a new temporary table with the identifier you are looking for.

Hope this explanation is clear enough.

Kind regards,

Remco

Hello Remoco,
Thank you so much for your effort in helping me out.
With the suggestions
No 1 . Removing the private Identifier Id from Pay_Period Static Entity creates error saying Pay_Period must have an identifier attribute to be an static entity.
n0 2. I will not able to change the Rider entity because all the current Riders in the Dtabase will be getting affected right.
no 3. If I am creating the structure below issue happens

May be am I missing something in understanding. It would be great if you can please help me with this
Solution
Hi V,

I've created a small eSpace where I convert the Pay_Period to a structure and attach that structure to the DropDown.

Not sure if you are able to publish due to IPP, but you should be able to view the sourcecode.

Kind regards,

Remco
Solution
Remco Dekkinga wrote:
Hi V,

I've created a small eSpace where I convert the Pay_Period to a structure and attach that structure to the DropDown.

Not sure if you are able to publish due to IPP, but you should be able to view the sourcecode.

Kind regards,

Remco

Thanks a lot Remco. I really appreciate your effort in explaining.