Button to Print in OutSystems

Button to Print in OutSystems

Hello! I wonder if would like to make a button on OutSystems to when tight print the page. As you would do that?
Hi Philipe,

YoAs I can see it, you can do two things:
1. Add some javascript to the button that prints the page and add to the CSS exceptions with the @Media tag for the pieces you don't want to see in the printed page.
The CSS will look something like this:
@media print {
    /* Print CSS rules go here */
    /* Note: You need a separate @media screen group for other rules */
}
2. Create a specific printable page layout and use the HTML2PDF extension to print to PDF instead of printing to the printer.

Not sure which one has your preference

Remco Dekkinga wrote: How would the javascript code? I have no understanding of the language ...
Hi Philipe,

1. Add some javascript to the button that prints the page and add to the CSS exceptions with the @Media tag for the pieces you don't want to see in the printed page.
@media print {
}
2. Create a specific printable page layout and use the HTML2PDF extension to print to PDF instead of printing to the printer.

On HTML2PDF, what do I set for "ExecutablePATH" and "Proxy" I already know that the "URL" is the URL That I want to print.
Felipe Melo wrote:
Remco Dekkinga wrote: How would the javascript code? I have no understanding of the language ...
Hi Philipe,

@media print {
}

You can follow the tutorial on the following page: http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/javascript/article.php/3471121

It gives a nice explanation and different solutions to use the print function in javascipt.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Remco
Felipe Melo wrote:
On HTML2PDF, what do I set for "ExecutablePATH" and "Proxy" I already know that the "URL" is the URL That I want to print.
On the following forum post there is a faq which might help you out. If you can't work it out from here, you might need to contact the developer of that tool. 

Kind regards,

Remco