IsUsingOutsystemsNow(), TakePicture not working in Personal Environment

IsUsingOutsystemsNow(), TakePicture not working in Personal Environment

I'm trying my hand on the TakePicture Lab : http://labs.outsystems.net/OutSystemsNowDocs/OutSystemsNowUseCasePicture.aspx. While establishing the references and dependencies for  TakePicture and IsUsingOutSystemsNowApp, I notice that there's no Base64ToBinary action for any BinaryData extension (see attached). I have installed the latest OutsystemNow module.

I enclosed the four widgets (Photo, PhotoInput,TakeAPic and the webblock TakePicture) in the TRUE path of an IF, with the condition IsUsingOutSystemsNowApp(); while trapping the FALSE with text "NOT UsingOutsystemNow".

I receive "NOT UsingOutsystemNow" from both desktop (Windows) and Mobile(Android), an indication that the OutsystemsNow feature is not working.

SERVICE STUDIO

RUNTIME

Please help!

Jubilee
Solution

Hi Jubilee,

The BinaryData extension has that action of a long time so it must be there. Can you post a screenshot of it?
Here is a screenshot from my environment:

Regarding your second problem, are you using in your android the OutsystemsNow app or just a mobile browser?

Because that is only supposed to return true when inside the OutsystemsNow App.

Regards,
João Rosado

Solution
Joao,

Thank you very much... working fine, except I like to know how to now display the Binary data  when I list the records in a table, or when displayed in a form.  Binary data doesn't display automatically as other attributes, I notice.

Hi,

The best for that is using the image widget with the Type set to Database.

Regards,
João Rosado