Login In Two Tabs With Two Different Users

Login In Two Tabs With Two Different Users

Hi All,
I have an multitenant application and a single user with same credentials can be a user for both the tenants (user id will be different) , Now as an customers requiremt i want the user to be login in both the tenants in two different tabs of my browser but the browser is taking only one session at a time and i think because of the cookibased session for all the tabs the same session id is being used.
we found a solution by using subdomains for both the tenants and now its generating unique session for both the tenants (Cookies uniqueness are based on domain) but in this case two different urls are being used.
i am looking for any solution which will work with single url.

Regards
-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Your assumptions are correct, and this is how web apps in general work. It reminded my of the new Containers feature of Firefox. Which means this is a known limitation for most sites and people are still trying to find workarounds to it.

There is an old setting in Service Studio > eSpace properties: Use Cookies (default: Yes). If set to No, then the session identifier is exchanged in the URL (instead of using a cookie). This may help, but I wouldn't advise this design at all. Among other things, if someone copies and shares the URL, other person may gain access to the session.

I'd say that the requirement should be avoided based on limitations on web apps alone.

Solution
Hi Paulo,
Nice to hear you after a while , I already knew about the idea to make session cookiless or set espace Use Cookies to false but as you said that doing this the session id starts appearing in url and is nit a good practice.
Anyways keeping two different subdomains solved my problem.

Thanks for your response.

Regards
-PJ-
Solution