REST service: optional search parameters

REST service: optional search parameters

I'm implementing a connector to the Microsoft Graph REST API, and one of the methods I'm implementing is the GET users. The service doesn't return all users at once, but specifies a "skip token" to use in subsequent calls, which is to be specified as a search parameter.

t's not possible to use an empty skip token, or an error message comes your way ("Specified $skiptoken is invalid."). What I ideally need is a way for the Platform to specify a parameter optionally, based on whether or not is supplied. I currently have solved this by duplicating the method call, one time with, and one time without the parameter, but this is rather clunky.

So the question is: is there a way to optionally specify a search parameter?

Solution

Hi Killian,

You you are describing feels like the normal behavior for non-mandatory parameters.

When you have an input with "Is Mandatory" = No  and "Send Default Value" = No,   the input will not even be added to the url of the request.

Regards,
João Rosado

Solution
Hi João,

You are right, thanks. I must've somehow set the parameter to mandatory when testing. It works now.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi João,

You are right, thanks. I must've somehow set the parameter to mandatory when testing. It works now.

Kilian, I am attempting my first MS Graph integration and having a hard time getting it connected. Is there a sample MS Graph integration with OutSystems out there? Any advice to offer? 

Thanks!

Hi Bruce,

I think I can help you, but I don't think this thread is the right place (as it's only incidently about MS Graph). I'll PM you for details.

Hi Kilian,

I'm struggling to get authentication working for MS Graphs, could you advise how it should be done.

Markus

Hi Markus,

I've only done the integration through a server-side application, not via OAuth. I presume you are using OAuth?