feedback_message hide

feedback_message hide

Folks, in the feedback_message, I want to change the timing of when the message is hidden.

We love the feedback_message,  but we need it to "hide" sooner. It pops down fine and eventually hides, but I want it to hide quicker.

I have have a really hard time finding the CSS or other setting that will allow me to hide the feed_back message quicker.

Thanks!
Hi Bruce,

The class you would need to use should be Feedback_Message_Wrapper.

You could have something like:

function CloseFeedback() {
window.setTimeout('$(".Feedback_Message_Wrapper").WhateverAnimationActionYouChoose, 3000);
}

Called in a run javascript function after you display the feedback message.

Justin

Hmmm, thanks for the idea. That could work but would be a point solution I'd have to code every time I have a feedback message. I was really hoping to find where the timeout setting is ... in perhaps a style sheet that I could change it globally across all of my apps. My guess, it is buried somewhere in a style sheet I just can't find the timeout setting in the StyleSheet.

well, the timeout isn't in the stylesheet.

but you can set the script in your layout-webblock so it is everywhere in your webscreens...

Solution
Hi Bruce,
We have a New version of the Outsystems feedback message widget, that includes a Timeout parameter to allow us to hide the displayed messages. You can choose one of a set of animations to hide the feedback message: - FadeOut - SlideUp - SlideToggle - Explode - Drop.

http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1079/feedbackmessage/

Regards
-PJ-
Solution
Pramod Jain wrote:
Hi Bruce,
We have a New version of the Outsystems feedback message widget, that includes a Timeout parameter to allow us to hide the displayed messages. You can choose one of a set of animations to hide the feedback message: - FadeOut - SlideUp - SlideToggle - Explode - Drop.

http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1079/feedbackmessage/

Regards
-PJ-
Thanks PJ for the heads up on the new FeedbackMessage++ this should do the trick.
I am a 3-week new OutSystems user so looking for advice on how best to implement the new FeedbackMessage++. I downloaded it into OutSystems and I am ready to use it.

QUESTION: What is the best way to use it? Right now, I am using the RichWidgets-->Feedback_Message. Should I disable this dependency and replace it pointing to this new version? Should I copy the FeebackMessage++ code into my apps? Is there another better way?

Thanks for the advice!
No you dont need to copy the code , you can add this epsace refrence to your espace and select the feedback message widget to add them in your application ..thats it.

Regards
-PJ-
This is exactly what i was looking for. However, I cannot figure out how to add the FeedbackMessage++ to my ESpace. When I click open module in Forge it opens the module i a new ESpace. But how de I add it to my current ESpace and make it available in any new ESpaces as well?

Oops, I 'already' found out myself. I had to publish the module and after that add it to the dependencies. 

Hi Laurens,

First Publish FeedbackMessage++ in your enviorment and than open your espace and add refrence of FeedbackMessage++  in your espace.
When you publish 
FeedbackMessage++ in your enviorment it will be published with name "NewFeedbackMessage" .
follow the stps shown in screen shot.

Select the widgets in the Right hand side and click OK. It will be availble in your espace for use.

Regards
-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:
Hi Laurens,

First Publish FeedbackMessage++ in your enviorment and than open your espace and add refrence of FeedbackMessage++  in your espace.
When you publish 
FeedbackMessage++ in your enviorment it will be published with name "NewFeedbackMessage" .
follow the stps shown in screen shot.

Select the widgets in the Right hand side and click OK. It will be availble in your espace for use.

Regards
-PJ-

Thank you, you seem to have posted this while I was changing my post. 
But thanks anyway. Your illustrated answer is probably more useful to others than my quick change.

I love the idea of your feedbackmessage++, but I just can't get it to work. It is like is still using the old outsystems feedback message even though I removed the action from my logic.

The message appears, but stays there for a really long time even though I change the settings multiple times to 3000, 2000, 1000.

Also, even if I choose the message HideAnimation to Drop (or anything else), it keeps using outsystems "SlideUp"

Is this because I am using version 9.1.6?

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Bruce,

The class you would need to use should be Feedback_Message_Wrapper.

You could have something like:

function CloseFeedback() {
window.setTimeout('$(".Feedback_Message_Wrapper").WhateverAnimationActionYouChoose, 3000);
}

Called in a run javascript function after you display the feedback message.

Justin

Being a newbie in Outsystems, can you give me an example on how to do that? Where do I create the function? And how do I call it?

Thanks!