feedback_message hide

feedback_message hide

Folks, in the feedback_message, I want to change the timing of when the message is hidden.

We love the feedback_message,  but we need it to "hide" sooner. It pops down fine and eventually hides, but I want it to hide quicker.

I have have a really hard time finding the CSS or other setting that will allow me to hide the feed_back message quicker.

Thanks!
Hi Bruce,

The class you would need to use should be Feedback_Message_Wrapper.

You could have something like:

function CloseFeedback() {
window.setTimeout('$(".Feedback_Message_Wrapper").WhateverAnimationActionYouChoose, 3000);
}

Called in a run javascript function after you display the feedback message.

Justin

Hmmm, thanks for the idea. That could work but would be a point solution I'd have to code every time I have a feedback message. I was really hoping to find where the timeout setting is ... in perhaps a style sheet that I could change it globally across all of my apps. My guess, it is buried somewhere in a style sheet I just can't find the timeout setting in the StyleSheet.

well, the timeout isn't in the stylesheet.

but you can set the script in your layout-webblock so it is everywhere in your webscreens...

Solution
Hi Bruce,
We have a New version of the Outsystems feedback message widget, that includes a Timeout parameter to allow us to hide the displayed messages. You can choose one of a set of animations to hide the feedback message: - FadeOut - SlideUp - SlideToggle - Explode - Drop.

http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1079/feedbackmessage/

Regards
-PJ-
Solution
Pramod Jain wrote:
Hi Bruce,
We have a New version of the Outsystems feedback message widget, that includes a Timeout parameter to allow us to hide the displayed messages. You can choose one of a set of animations to hide the feedback message: - FadeOut - SlideUp - SlideToggle - Explode - Drop.

http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1079/feedbackmessage/

Regards
-PJ-
Thanks PJ for the heads up on the new FeedbackMessage++ this should do the trick.
I am a 3-week new OutSystems user so looking for advice on how best to implement the new FeedbackMessage++. I downloaded it into OutSystems and I am ready to use it.

QUESTION: What is the best way to use it? Right now, I am using the RichWidgets-->Feedback_Message. Should I disable this dependency and replace it pointing to this new version? Should I copy the FeebackMessage++ code into my apps? Is there another better way?

Thanks for the advice!
No you dont need to copy the code , you can add this epsace refrence to your espace and select the feedback message widget to add them in your application ..thats it.

Regards
-PJ-
This is exactly what i was looking for. However, I cannot figure out how to add the FeedbackMessage++ to my ESpace. When I click open module in Forge it opens the module i a new ESpace. But how de I add it to my current ESpace and make it available in any new ESpaces as well?

Oops, I 'already' found out myself. I had to publish the module and after that add it to the dependencies. 

Hi Laurens,

First Publish FeedbackMessage++ in your enviorment and than open your espace and add refrence of FeedbackMessage++  in your espace.
When you publish 
FeedbackMessage++ in your enviorment it will be published with name "NewFeedbackMessage" .
follow the stps shown in screen shot.

Select the widgets in the Right hand side and click OK. It will be availble in your espace for use.

Regards
-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:
Hi Laurens,

First Publish FeedbackMessage++ in your enviorment and than open your espace and add refrence of FeedbackMessage++  in your espace.
When you publish 
FeedbackMessage++ in your enviorment it will be published with name "NewFeedbackMessage" .
follow the stps shown in screen shot.

Select the widgets in the Right hand side and click OK. It will be availble in your espace for use.

Regards
-PJ-

Thank you, you seem to have posted this while I was changing my post. 
But thanks anyway. Your illustrated answer is probably more useful to others than my quick change.

I love the idea of your feedbackmessage++, but I just can't get it to work. It is like is still using the old outsystems feedback message even though I removed the action from my logic.

The message appears, but stays there for a really long time even though I change the settings multiple times to 3000, 2000, 1000.

Also, even if I choose the message HideAnimation to Drop (or anything else), it keeps using outsystems "SlideUp"

Is this because I am using version 9.1.6?

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Bruce,

The class you would need to use should be Feedback_Message_Wrapper.

You could have something like:

function CloseFeedback() {
window.setTimeout('$(".Feedback_Message_Wrapper").WhateverAnimationActionYouChoose, 3000);
}

Called in a run javascript function after you display the feedback message.

Justin

Being a newbie in Outsystems, can you give me an example on how to do that? Where do I create the function? And how do I call it?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am using the New FeedbackMessage++ widget, but i need to hold the Timeout value in the other module and consume it in the present module, so that if we required to change the timeout value at any point of time we can go head and change in the common module instead of changing in every feedback message++ Timeout value.

Regards,

Vinod