How to pass values between modules

How to pass values between modules

Hi All,

I have created two Apps namely App1 and App2. I have made one screen of App2 as public and
reference App2 in my App1. Now im trying to pass value from App1 to App2. I have set the 
values in the assignment in one button action and when i try to redirect to App2 with that value,
before calling to the App2 the value of that variable is get reset and i'm unable to pass the value.

Can't we persist the data across the module? If yes then kindly give me some solution to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Ameen. 
Hi Mohamed,

I've implemented your use case and had no problems (my version is 9.1.400.0):

1. Created 2 apps (the consumer and producer apps);
2. Created a screen in the producer app with an input parameter (Text data type) and I'm printing this value in the screen. Then I set this screen as Public;
3. In the consumer app, I've added a reference to the producer app. Then I've created a screen in the consumer app with a button that when clicked opens the screen in the producer app. The value I'm sending in the input parameter of the screen is being displayed in the screen with no problems.

Have you done these steps? Or this is not your use case?

Regards,
Thomas
Hi Thoma,

Thanks for your reply!!

The above steps which you mentioned is the same thing only i did and the use case is also the same and I'm too using the same version.

It would be nice if you share your code so that i can cross check with mine and I can find where im doing the mistake.

If you want to share your code then you can mail me at mohamedaktharulameen.peerji@cognizant.com.

Again Thanks.
Mohamed Aktharul Ameen Peerji wrote:
Hi Thoma,

Thanks for your reply!!

The above steps which you mentioned is the same thing only i did and the use case is also the same and I'm too using the same version.

It would be nice if you share your code so that i can cross check with mine and I can find where im doing the mistake.

If you want to share your code then you can mail me at mohamedaktharulameen.peerji@cognizant.com.

Again Thanks.
 Hi Mohamed,

You can find attached the 2 files with the producer and consumer modules with what I've implemented to replicate your use case.

Regards,
Thomas