Filter List

I am trying to use a combo box to apply the selected value in the box to a list of records and after several variations in set-up cannot get the filter to filter records. The combo box is populated with values from an entity (not static) and the list of values of type identifier shows up properly in the interface. I then use an input parameter of the same type identifier to pass into an aggregate filter applied to another entity that provides the record list I want to filter. Since the filtered entity has a different identifier than the entity of filter values, I then apply functions in the aggregate filter to allow the input parameter data type to match the aggregate I'm filtering. In other words, since I'm filtering on a specific attribute in the aggregate with the input parameter holding the selected filter value, I convert the attribute (in this case a decimal value) to an identifier data type. The result of my design is a grid that returns no records although the filter list combo box shows selectable values. This seems like a simple use case, and I'm new to OS, I'm not setting something up properly. I just want to filter a record list with values from another non-static entity. Thanks for your help!

Hi Mike,

Can you send your OML so that I can check your code?

Regards

Regie

Regie Agapito wrote:

Hi Mike,

Can you send your OML so that I can check your code?

Regards

Regie

thanks Regie, I assume you can open this OML without an activation code?

Solution

Hi Mike,

I saw what causes your problem. The value that was passed to the RouteID parameter is not the RouteId that you need, once you select a value in the dropdown the default value of the variable will be the Autoincremented Id of the Entity that was selected. so the when you choose a value from the dropdown the parameter contains the Level_1_ID of the COMPANY_Heirarchy_1 entity.

The solution is to create an entity structure with attribute RouteID (Integer)

and use this as an output structure for an advance query selecting all the RouteId in Company_Heirarchy_1 entity in the preparation.

lastly use the GetRouteID query as the source record of your combo box. and set the Heirarchy.RouteID as Source Attribute and Source Identifier

Note: you can also change the Data Type of your RouteID Parameter to Integer so you don't have to convert data type on your query.

Sorry I cant test this in my personal environment because you only send one OML, but I hope this fix your problem.

Best Regards,

Regie

Solution

Regie....amazing...I never thought of this option. It works!

Thanks!