Reusing Screen Actions

Reusing Screen Actions

Hi everyone.

As we know there is a RefreshScreen action that is created when scaffolding. I often find the need to reuse screen actions. I know there is an Events Component in Forge that does similar things. Do you guys know whether that is in deed the best route to follow?

Cheers

Hello Jean-Pierre,

Building your apps in a modular way (and reusing logic with Screen Actions) is recommended in general.

If you care to share your use case in detail perhaps we can give you more specific insight.

Solution

Hi Jean-Pierre,

I find the event system component to be very useful when performing a screen action that would also require another screen action, like a refresh. You can create an event handler for the refresh action, and in your screen action, once completing what ever logic you need, call the invoke action passing in the id of the event handler for your action (refresh).

It is a fairly simple flow, but extremely useful in some situations.

Justin

Solution

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Jean-Pierre,

I find the event system component to be very useful when performing a screen action that would also require another screen action, like a refresh. You can create an event handler for the refresh action, and in your screen action, once completing what ever logic you need, call the invoke action passing in the id of the event handler for your action (refresh).

Justin

Justin. Thank for this. Will have a look at let you know.

Jean-Pierre Brits wrote:

Justin Babel wrote:

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Justin

Justin. Thank for this. Will have a look at let you know.

Thanks. It was super easy. Pull the EventHandler in, specify the action, give it a name. Call the reference the given name via the Trigger ... and Bob is your uncle.