[Simple Reports] Divs in different browsers

[Simple Reports] Divs in different browsers

Forge Component
(15)
Published on 31 Aug by Rafael Fantato
15 votes
Published on 31 Aug by Rafael Fantato

Have you already tried to put some divs with dynamic heights without breaking inside, and tested it in different browsers?

Good component, thanks. ;)

Do you have an example/what others contents with dynamic heights? 

For now, it only support breaking into pages a TableRecords and ListRecords. Other widgets or contents must be design to fill inside one page (use page break after a TR or LR to assure that this content will be printed on top of next page)

Rafael Fantato wrote:

For now, it only support breaking into pages a TableRecords and ListRecords. Other widgets or contents must be design to fill inside one page (use page break after a TR or LR to assure that this content will be printed on top of next page)

Imagine that I want to print one complex record instead of a list. This record has several text fields, and might have different lengths depending on user's input.

João Melo wrote:

Rafael Fantato wrote:

Imagine that I want to print one complex record instead of a list. This record has several text fields, and might have different lengths depending on user's input.

For now this is a very simple report, focusing in table and chart contents. In that case, I guess the better option now is design the page using max chars and width/height fixed on those inputs and as many page as necessary.

This script see if entire block or row of a table will be fully printed in a page. If not, it is cut and paste for next page.

What we can do is create a webblock container for this case you wrote, to be parsed and check if it was fully printed. I'm trying to prevent the default print browser behavior, that just cut in middle some lines/text/contents.

Added to Back log:
- How create components to allow print content with dynamic heights (single complex record, as instance)

\o/