[Signature] Signature component becomes slow and unresponsive in IOS

[Signature] Signature component becomes slow and unresponsive in IOS

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 2015-11-19 by Pedro Cardoso
9 votes
Published on 2015-11-19 by Pedro Cardoso

Hi,

Pretty much what the title says, I have 2 signature component on my form that becomes slow and unresponsive when I am on IOS devices, browsers make no difference (Safari and Chrome). I've tested this on a iPad, iPad Mini and iPhone 5. All with the latest firmware. 

What actually happens is when I sign on one signature field then quickly jump to the next and begin signing, my signature strokes would either not register, be simplified/missing details (straight diagonal line instead of cursive 'e') or the strokes would be delayed by 2 seconds or so. 

This isn't a problem if I'm slow and deliberate (3-5 seconds between signatures) but as this is supposed to be used in the field, I'd like to make this as robust and responsive as possible. 

This works completely fine on Android/Windows devices. I can jump between the two signature fields as quickly and as frequently as I'd like to and have no issues.

Just wondering if there  is something inherently different with IOS that causes this problem and not in Android/Windows?