Trying to Add PDF WaterMarking to iTextSharp getting error in Integration Studio

Trying to Add PDF WaterMarking to iTextSharp getting error in Integration Studio

Hello all, this is my first time trying to add a new feature to an existing API.  In this case I am trying to add a Water Marking action to iTextSharp  from Forge.  I am getting the following error "... missing iTextSharp.xml" when I compile in Integration Studio.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  

Thanks in advance!!

Chris 

Hi Christopher,

Not actually an error, just a warning.

Anyway, in the resources tab select that file, right click and choose "Exclude from extension". 

Regards,
João Rosado

Thank you so much for your response!  It now compiles and published but I dont see the new Action in the Action in the Extensions Tab.  Any ideas?  I wish there was a Tutorial :-)

Thanks in advance!!

Chris

Can you post some screenshots of what you have already?

What you mean by Extensions Tab?

By the way there is a nice video about it: https://www.outsystems.com/videos/extend-custom-code/

The extensions part starts around minute 12.

Regards,
João Rosado

I added WaterMarkPDF to the iTextSharp source code.  Compiled, 1-Click Published, but I dont see it as an Action yet.  

Here is the 1 Click Publish screen after it completed.

Now in Service Studio go to Manage Dependencies and add a reference to your extension.

If you don't see your actions in the list make sure both combo-boxes are set to Show All.

Still don't see it...  

I checked the Extension in Service Center and it is publishing my version...

Solution

Oh,

Sorry missed that you were trying to add a new action and it was still not there in Integration Studio.

Ok, so first you add an action in the tree.

- Right click the Actions folder.
 - Add Action
 - Rename the newly created actions to what you want, and add the Inputs/Ouputs that you need
 - Click on the "Edit Source Code .Net " button.
 - Look for the auto generated code for your action, it should be called what you called your action prefixed with "Mss"
 - Put your code inside, save and publish.

By the way did you see the video I linked above? It shows all those steps.

Solution

Oops sorry I dint see the Link...  I will check it out Now!

Thanks!!

Chris

FYI I just noticed that when I go back to Visual Studio I get the following error, maybe its because I missed this step :-)

Thanks again!

Thanks its there now!!

Chris