[CKEditor] keyboard return during text entry defaults to start of text

[CKEditor] keyboard return during text entry defaults to start of text

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 12 Oct by OutSystems Labs
11 votes
Published on 12 Oct by OutSystems Labs

When adding text to a CKEditor RTE window, hitting return causes the cursor to jump to the start of the text, instead of the new line.  very, very frustrating.

Are you using Edge? I noticed problems in Edge like that here on the forums.

J.Ja

Hi J.Ja,

Yes edge.  I had similar problems with the RTE here in the forum, but OutSystems have now fixed it.  I was hoping the same would be done with the CKEditor.  Do you know what they're using here in the  forums?

They switched to a new editor that has a license fee. I've looked at TinyMCE but you need to pay to get it as full featured as CKEditor (like picture upload). There may be CKEditor settings that can be tweaked, or perhaps a version upgrade can fix that issue... CKEditor really is the best that I've found that is 100% free, and it takes a while to get all of the quirks figured out with these things... the CKEDitor has already been through that.

J.Ja

Justin James wrote:

They switched to a new editor that has a license fee. I've looked at TinyMCE but you need to pay to get it as full featured as CKEditor (like picture upload). There may be CKEditor settings that can be tweaked, or perhaps a version upgrade can fix that issue... CKEditor really is the best that I've found that is 100% free, and it takes a while to get all of the quirks figured out with these things... the CKEDitor has already been through that.

J.Ja

ok, thanks J.Ja