Excel export (Column Names)

Excel export (Column Names)

Hi All,

When we export a record list to excel it takes the same name as structure or entity . I want to have different column names than what i have in structure or entity.

If anyone did it already.

Regards

-PJ-

Hi -PJ-,

The attributes of the entity or structure you have a property called "Label". Its value it's the name that appears on the excel file.

Does it help?

Regards,
Thomas

Hi PJ,

If you aren't looking to use the label, my normal work around for this is to create a separate structure specifically for the export and give the attributes of the structure the names of the columns you want on the export while assigning/list appending the values you want to populate that column for your original list.

Justin 

Hi Jastin,

The problem with the structure attribute name is they dont support spaces in between the name.

Like Patr Description.

Regards

-PJ-

If that is the problem, like Thomas Robinson said, the names of the columns of the exported excel will be the label attribute of the structure that support spaces.

Let me try this...

-PJ-

Yes sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I ment use the label of the structure that does support spaces.

Justin

I need to change the extension code in order to write label text ..

Regards

-PJ-

All you have to do is change the following on your structure:

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply ..I think it will work for me..didnt get chance to try it but will do it soon.

Regards

-PJ-