multi tennant or ...?

Hi,

I need for different retailers to see my app with the design they want.

So, same app, different designs according to retailer.

The retailerID is passed in the URL.

I am looking at changing my app to multi-tennant set up.

However if I look at tutorials MT is very focussed on users and their roles.

I do not have any specific users other than a retailer (the apps load in an iframe on the retailers' site).

It seems MT is a bit too much for what I want.

I could simply create a dbase for css values with each record belonging to a retailer and simply load these values in the app (since I already know the retailerID once the app launches).

Please share your thoughts on why I should use MT (Multi-Tennancy) instead or why the second approach is your favorite.

Thanks.

I am a bit confused on what is the aim of multi-tenancy of your app. Do you just want the multi-tenancy just for the UI/Design? How about the data the retailers are accessing? Don't you want it separate as well?

Regards,

JC

JC Elorde wrote:

I am a bit confused on what is the aim of multi-tenancy of your app. Do you just want the multi-tenancy just for the UI/Design? How about the data the retailers are accessing? Don't you want it separate as well?

Regards,

JC

The only data is css differences, so they need ot be separated by retailer.

Then I would suggest your second option. I agree that the MT would be too much if it would just be the css you are going to separate. Well that is unless there are future plans to separate other data.

Cheers,

JC

No future plans. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

JbG