Errors running configurationtool.sh using non-default Weblogic home path and owner

Errors running configurationtool.sh using non-default Weblogic home path and owner

Hi,

I'm installing the OutSystems Deployment Controller Server using the following software:

- Oracle Linux 6.8

- Oracle Database 12c (12.1.0.2 + latest PSU)

- Oracle WebLogic 12.1.3 + latest PSU)

- OutSystems Platform Server : 9.1.501.0 (build 59297: tags/v9_1_501_0 @ 2016-06-23 18:25:14)

I have installed the Oracle WebLogic server using user "oracle" (instead of using a "wls_outsystems" that is used as an example in the Checklist for OutSystems Platform Server Installation document) and installed WebLogic in the directory "/u01/app/oracle/middleware" instead of the default "/opt/Oracle/Middleware". Up until the point of running the configurationtool.sh script, I did not have any problems, but after I have started this script I received the error down below. The script did finish and the only [Error] that it gave is expected (at least I think because I haven't installed a Front-End server yet) namely: 

[Error] Deployment Error
There are no registered Front-end Servers. Please contact your Service Center Administrator.

The errors that worries me a bit are:

[root@xxxxxxxx] ]# /opt/outsystems/platform/configurationtool.sh
Initializing...
Registering JCE libraries in /etc/alternatives/java_sdk_1.8.0/jre/lib/security/
Please indicate the Middleware Home (eg. /opt/Oracle/Middleware):
/u01/app/oracle/middleware
cp: cannot create regular file `/opt/Oracle/Middleware/oracle_common/modules/oracle.jdbc_12.1.0/': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `/opt/Oracle/Middleware/oracle_common/modules/oracle.jdbc_12.1.0/': No such file or directory
chown: invalid user: `wls_outsystems:wls_outsystems'

It looks like although the script asks for the Middleware Home, there is some hard-coded configuration that uses /opt/Oracle/Middleware. The same with using "wls_outsystems". Can someone tell me if these errors will get me into trouble and/or how I can fix these errors manually (manually copying the files and chowning)?

I have attached the complete output for the configurationtool.sh script.

Thank you,

Marcel Lambrechts

Hi Marcel - this seems to be something a little hard to troubleshoot here... I'd suggest opening a support ticket at http://success.outsystems.com/Support.

Cheers!

Mario Araujo wrote:

Hi Marcel - this seems to be something a little hard to troubleshoot here... I'd suggest opening a support ticket at http://success.outsystems.com/Support.

Cheers!

Hi Mario,

thanks for the reply. I also opened a support ticket last friday, but haven't received an answer there yet. So any thoughts are still welcome :-)

Thanks,

Marcel